[ST] Leak Fixed, Frame Stained

My fractured fuel return quick connect (and apparently, disconnect) was
repaired by my dealer after they came and picked up my bike.  Not to be a
panty-waist whiner BUT, there is a stain on the exposed frame member which
was under the leak.  I tried getting this off with soap and water
immediately after the incident, I also tried Honda Polish (I know, but it is
really good stuff).  Anyway it would not come off.

To the credit of my dealer they asked if there were any stains as as result
of the fuel system failure.  They tried to polish it out but it was not to
be removed.

Any suggestions for removing these stains?  Shouldn't Triumph fly down a
frame stain engineer to clean this off at their expense, beacause my
esentially pristine ST has suble but ugly dribble marks as a result of the
catastrophic failure of the fuel connection.   (Wording selected for any
Triumph laywers that may be reading.)

Ed
2001 ST (BRG)