[ST] Salvage Title

As some of you know, thanks to the attack rock, my bike may get
totalled. Long story, but if buy back the bike with a salvage
title, will I be able to keep collision on it, and if it where
to get in an accident would they consider it only worth the
salvage value that I paid, or would they compensate me with
repsect to having a road worthy bike?

I realize that if I do retain ownership of the bike, selling the
bike with a salvage title will be harder, but, if I keep it, I
want 100,000 miles on it before I do sell it.

Anyway, if I keep the bike, only one panel needs to be replaced,
as well as the oil pan and the front rim. Other than that the
rest of the damage is mostly scratches and oiled up tires. I was
thinking that a Sprint of a different coloUr would be cool. So
painting the bike would not be an issue. And I have had an
unofficial quote of about $600 or so to paint all the pannels. I
am sure that I would have to pull all of the foam, and empty the
gas tank and clean everything up for that price, but I can do
that. Anyway, I have a spare road bike now :-) And my next
planed LD trip is next summer. Anyone want to go to Whitehorse
YT with me :-)

Again, TIA

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500