[ST] F1 GP

I recently attended the US F1 GP in Indianapolis with my son and while
walking to the race track on the Sunday a BRG Sprint passed on the main
drag (Crawfordsville Road ??) from 465 to the race track, but going in
the opposite direction - there was another bike with them.  I had my
trusty Cross of St. George flag draped around me and I shouted and waved
like a banshee but I think the guy (?) was looking the other way.

Anyhow had a fantastic weekend - I have been to many other F1 GP's in
Europe (Germany, Belgium and Britain) but this was something else.  So
good to see IMS at last - very very well organized (been to the Brit GP
a few times and getting out of that sodding grass field they call a car
part was torture) and just a fun weekend with my son. Unfortunately I
was not on the bike - rental Buick :(  To cap it all as we toured the
museum (they have one of our Nige's cars on show) on the Saturday who
should walk in but Ron Dennis and his entourage - my son was the first
person to pluck up courage to ask for his autograph which he graciously
gave...  Crap result though - need to do something as Americans do NOT
like contrived results and attendance was good but has fallen every year
since first race in 2000.  There did not appear to be many Americans
there to be honest - lots of Columbians/Brazilians/Brits/Europeans but
not many Americans although I did spy a couple of good 'ole boys draped
in cammo and drinking Bud Lights out of a cooler...

Riding season coming to an end :( (in MA at least) but it has been a
glorious one to date.

Cheers,

Kevin