Re: [ST] Oil Leak

Kevin Dicks wrote:

>Has anybody had problems with a leaking oil pressure switch ??  I put my
>'02 in for it's initial service and when it came back it is leaking oil
>from what I can only assume is the oil pressure switch on the left side

Could it also be an over-lubed chain flinging stuff off towards the front
sprocket cover?  Give the whole area a clean and take the bike for a short
ride, so you can see better where the oil is coming from.  Have a look under
the sprocket cover and you might also find all sorts of nasty black stuff
that dealers don't normally clean off during a service.

Scotty Dawg in Houston, 99 ST in Edinburgh, armchair motorcyclist
extraordinaire since April 2002