RE: [ST] intro

I use the ST mostly as a touring mount.  I'm still using the stock seat at
42,000 miles, though I do use a sheepskin and/or an airhawk for long
distance comfort.  I did almost 6000 miles in 13 days this summer visiting
your very beautiful province from New Mexico with very little discomfort.
The ST's engine isn't the same as the 9R, but has more power than I ever use
and has one of the flattest torque curves I've ever seen.  Makes for very
good delivery of power at just about any engine speed or gear.  Once on the
road, I rarely have to shift out of 6th.

While in B.C., I lost the clip on the master link of my chain.  Of course, I
was in the middle of nowhere (Vanderhoof), but managed to find the owner of
Cycle North in Prince George who went out of his way to get me what I
needed.  Randy drove me into Prince George where he sold me two new master
links, lent me his Honda XX (Woo Hoo!!!) to ride back to Vanderhoof, lent me
the use of his garage and some tools all for the outrageous sum of $15.00
Canadian and some gas for the XX.  All of this from a dealer who doesn't
sell Triumph (Honda/Polaris).  You sure have some nice people up there.

Most of us are pretty happy with our ST's and RS's.  They are as reliable
(or more) than the competition and produce many more grins per mile than
many other bikes.

Dan Wallander
'99St (currently not feeling well)
'74 R90/6 (28 and still running strong)

Hi,
  Just a short note to introduce myself. I currently ride (and tour on ) a
'99 ZX9R.  I live in central B.C., Canada. I'm in "want" of a new touring
mount. As much as I love my 9R, I find myself entertaining desires like,
better coverage, hard bags, a seat that doesn't encourage use of the word
"brutal".  The Sprint ST is a bike that has caught my interest. I'll lurk
awhile and use the long winter ahead to make my decision.

Cheryl