[ST] ST bars on an RS

My right elbow is sensitive to hyperextension and I think that's what
causes my right hand to go numb after an hour or so.  I love the RS
riding position and the Daytona 955 feels even better, but I don't think
my hand and elbow could take it.

Wes posted about parting out his ST and I bought the handle bars from
him.  they were *almost* a bolt-on.  I had to drill a new hole for the
switch cluster on each bar and the left RS grip is longer than the one
Wes supplied.  I also had to rotate the brake hose a few degrees to
clear the clamp portion of the ST bars.  All in all it was an easy swap.
  Having a drill press made the new holes duck soup.  BTW, the banjo
bolt for the front brakes is 9/16"!  I wonder if the different holes
come from the bikes being several years apart.  I believe his was a '99
and mine is an '02.

The ST bars are about 1" rearward, 1 1/2" taller and have a less
pronounced droop and rearward angle from centerline.

The results, as you might suspect, are great!  I can keep a bend in my
elbows with a comfortable forward crouch.  The surprise was that the ST
bars are wider and give more leverage.  The effect was immediately
noticible.

Thanks, Wes.

John