RE: [ST] Damn, horns again

With air horns, you need to get creative about the mounting position.  The
fiamm's (Blazer's), etc must be mounted in a dry position like behind the
fairing.  They were intended for under the hood of a car.  I used clear
plastic tubing and hose clamps (not too tight, the plastic will crack)
readily and cheaply available from Ace Hardware.  One run is just 6 inches,
but the other is about 3 feet.  Both horns are plenty loud.  The horns I
purchased came with a relay, so using the existing horn button and wiring
was easy.

Dan Wallander
'99ST
'74R90/6
www.danwallander.com

Good idea giving up the air horns. I tried that and it was a disaster. You'd
need to spend mucho $$ on flexible, non-expanding tubing, or you're limited
to about 4 inches between the compressor and horns. Also, moisture got in
the horns when riding in rain or washing the bike, and the horns sounded
like trying to talk in the shower with the stream of water directed in your
mouth.