Re: [ST] Yet Another New RS Owner

On Monday, October 14, 2002, 10:21:26 PM, zhaoy@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>      Just got a new Sprint RS. Been riding around the DC
> area, having a blast dodging cagers and the occasional
> sniper bullet.  The bike is just awesome!  I know, I know,
> preaching to the choir, but I can't help it...

Welcome, Zhao, from a fellow RS owner; I'm coming up on three
years on mine and still love the ride.

>      Being a newbie, I do have a couple of questions about
> accessories.  Does anybody know if I can put the zero
> gravity double bubble windscreen for Sprint ST on my RS?

No, the ST double-bubble does not fit the RS; the two have very
different widths across the fairing.  However, the Zero Gravity
after-market screen for the RS is a definite improvement over the
stock screen; I highly recommend it.

>  Also, I'm thinking about getting the luggage rack/topbox
> (I'm somewhat annoyed at the lack of a helmet lock), can I
> put the seat cowl back on after installing the luggage
> rack?

Not without modification.  You can check on the Triumphnet webpage
for items like this; there's an article in the Mods area
about a way to modify the seat cowl to allow the use of the top
rack and still use the cowl:

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/mods/cowl/index.html

Enjoy the RS!  And definitely watch out for snipers...

- -Keith
'00 RS