Re: [ST] was BOTC, now: watch out Edison

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Bryce wrote:

> Thanks Tom, I was thinking it might not be linear, but had
> nothing else to go off of, I don't there is a way to calculate
> it oteh than hooking up something to the bike at a given RPM
> and measure what happens.
>
> And yes 14 may be too optimistic...probably 13.5 would be
> better now that I think about it.

Maybe it's automobiles, to get more power they went to I think
14.4 over 12V to help reduce the size of the wires going through
the car. P=I^2*R afterall, reduce the current a bit and you get
a lot more latitude with the wire resistance.

Anyway, I have heard a fair bit of talk about cars going 28V or
such. The first couple of years will be really interesting, but
life will settle down pretty quickly.

Still easier to deal with the Mil Arospace, don't they use
something like 54V, 1000HZ AC, probably way off on the numbers,
but I am pretty sure it's fairly high AC current??

Tom