RE: [ST] Still shaking

Tom;

In this particular case I don't think it would have mattered if I had
air horns from a big rig on the bike.

I saw/felt/sensed the care coming over and just as quickly felt the contact.
I think I may have started to veer to the left just as the contact occured
and that may have helped in keeping the bike up.

Yes, the driver stopped. With the first words out of his mouth of course
being he didn't see me, followed immediately there after with it was my
fault for lane sharing.

I said yes I was lane sharing, but not at the time he hit me, as evidenced
by the fact that I went all the way across the lane I was in and didn't make
contact with anyone else. Then he wanted to just deal with it there without
calling in the CHP. As it turns out we could have done just that, Ca code is
such that if there is no injury to any party, you don't need to call in the
CHP. I was not aware of this and had already made the call. The CHP got
there
checked things out a bit, and then called us both together and explained
that.

After the initial outburst the guy seemed to realize it was his fault and
just
wanted to get it settled and move on. Not wanting the points on his license
or
having to deal with insurance companies. We ended up exchanging, name,
phone,
license info, didn't involve the CHP. Once I figure out what the damage is
will
be contacting him to see if this will be a hassle or not.

Mark D