Re: [ST] Sprockets and Chain Maintenance

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 11:44  pm, Wesley Horner wrote:

> On Fri Oct 18 at 09:32:35 AM, colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> What is the best way to clean the chain before relubing it?  I clean
>> my
>> bicycle chains with a citrus solvent soaked rag and relube when it's
>> dry.

Whatever you do don't be tempted to let the engine turn the wheel while
you are anywhere near the chain. Someone on the Ixion list ( a UK bike
list ) recently took a chunk off the end of his thumb when the rag he
was cleaning the chain with caught and got dragged into the sprocket
taking him with it.

Dave