Re: [ST] Eric House

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Jonathan West wrote:

> Hello All, Sorry to be the bearer of really crappy news, but I
> feel I should share this with you. Minutes ago, I just read an
> email from Eric's wife, Jamie: <I don't know how to say this so
> I just will.  Eric was killed last Friday in a motorcycle
> accident.  He was hit on his way home from work and had massive
> internal injuries...>
>
> The rest of her email was personal and gave no further details
> of the accident. I haven't yet spoke with Jamie so I can't fill
> in any blanks yet. In case you are wondering who Eric is, he
> rode a red ST and was present at both of the Pisgah rallies
> ('01-'02). His wife, Jamie was pilion at the rallies and they
> wore matching Triumph Retro jackets. He was highly skilled at
> piloting the ST even with a pillion. They lived in Atlanta, and
> he rarely ever posted to this list, but he did read it.

Sigh, this very much saddens me. I only had the opportunity to
meet him once. But I will very much agree to your comments on
his abilities. He was the reason I finally got a ST, that
weekend I rode with him and his wife. For the most part, my 9r
and I could keep to him, but there is no way I could loose him
in the twisties, unless I got crazy with the throttle. But
sticking to comfortable pace I was amazed at what he could do
with the ST.

Beyond that, from what I could see, he could not have made Jamie
any happier than what he did. He seemed to a genuine, good guy
who cared about thse around him very much.

Please let Jamie know, are thoughts are with her.

Please let us know if we can help.

Tom