RE: [ST] selfish?

Hi

This is actually one of the biggest problems I have.  I never even thought
that I was being selfish, but recently, it is exactly what my wife accuse me
of being.  She made me take out a large insurance policy as well.

The thing is, now every time I go out on my bike I DO feel selfish, and its
making me think is it worth it?  Perhaps I should forget it.  The argument
about would I stop her sky diving is similar to the one I put to her.  I
told her that if she was a keen horse rider would I stop her?  Of course
not, yet I have seen some statistics putting that as a more dangerous
activity.  Not really resolved, I continue to ride, but the fun has probably
gone.

I don't think its fair she used this argument, but she has made it now, and
I cannot take it away.  She has backed off a bit since she now realises how
much it means to me, but I still feel uncomfortable.

Just wish she'd come with me sometime, but with three children, she
emphatically states that it would be unfair to take the risk.

I took her to Paris for a treat, and I honestly thought she wouldn'd want to
go on the same plane.

Anyway, my problems are nothing compared to those poor bereaved families out
there, and my heart goes out to them.

Ride Safe Everyone

alex

- ----Original Message Follows----