RE: [ST] selfish?

Trust the ladies to come up with the best posts.  I've been staying quite
about this subject because I have a distinctively skewed viewpoint from
growing up in the motorcycle industry with parents that both ride, and got
me involved in riding events VERY early.  The chance of loosing a loved one
to misfortune has been a fact of life for me for a very long time.  So I do
not like to hear people using the "threat" of bastarding their children to
throw doubts on their chosen lifestyles, especially motorcycling.  I believe
the reason why so many of us are the interesting life adventure makers we
are is because of the risk management we do every time we ride.  Certain
risks are the spice of life.  But I also understand that life is to be lived
in a good feeling.  If something doesn't feel right, or makes you feel bad,
STOP IT!  So I try to bear no ill will to those that go thru a crisis of
conscious, only offer my views to help them continue thinking and deciding
what is best for them.  Personally I will never give up motorcycling.  It's
a family legacy, I have a true passion for it, and all my best friends are
motorcyclists.

Steven Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538
BMWMOA #74317, member of the Generic Club #139
HSTA # 9351
TSRA member "Dirty Dawg"