[ST] Phillip Island GP trip

G'day All,
    Just got back from the Phillip Island MotoGP last night. We ended up
doing 2500kms for the week and the bike ran perfectly all the way,
consistantly returning 4.5l per 100kms (approx 60miles per imp gallon). The
last leg home yesterday afternoon saw the fuel consumption go up to 50mpg as
i travelled the 250kms at an average of 160kph (100mph). One thing i did
notice is that the bike uses oil with constant high rev work, it used approx
200mls per 1000kms. I've had a browse in the archives but can't really find
a definitive answer as to how much oil the bike should be using, i don't
think it's excessive but thought i'd ask the rest of the list for feedback.
Saw plenty of ST's on the trip and did my best to wave to everyone, they're
obviously popular. Spoke to a few blokes with aftermarket cans, the
staintune sounded very nice but i found the Megacycle absolutely gorgeous,
it was in carbon fibre though and i want a stainless one as the bikes
already too black, does the sound vary much between CF and stainless?
Thanks
Bill