Re: [ST] Burning Questions

"Peter Chittum" wrote:

> 1. The flat-head screw that is used for adjusting the rear
shock spring
> preload appears to be hexagonal in nature.  Can anyone confirm
that it is,
> and if so, the size.  I'd like to do away with the flathead
means of
> adjusting it...I have such a hard time getting it lined up and
staying in
> the slot when adjusting.

It's an 8mm (5/16" will work).  I carry a 1/4" drive socket, 6"
extension & tiny ratchet in my tank bag for that purpose.

> 2. Is anyone familiar with any products that can prevent
condensation from
> accumulating on the OUTSIDE of a full-face helmet face shield.
This is of
> particular interest as the highway I ride most commutes can be
quite foggy
> (HWY 280 from San Jose to San Mateo, CA) in the winter.  On
Monday, I was
> wiping off my face shield at least once per minute with the fog
that was
> condensing on the outside of the windscreen.  I expect this to
continue to
> be an issue through the winter and would like to take some
preventative
> care.

I've heard that Rain-x is pretty effective at keeping the
condensation from sticking to the faceshield.

HTH,
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST