[ST] RE: 2002 MOTOGP TRIP

G'day folks - Harry A. T/red ST 02 - Sydney Australia.

Well, were all back safe from a 2500 klm trip from
Sydney to Philip Isl, great ride, great racing and
great results. ( Now got 4500 klm on the clock )

We really had a ball, drunk too much, ate too much, etc, etc.

This was my first real ride on the new ST. It really is a
terrific sports touring bike - I, and believe it, my BMW friends
have nothing but praise for how well it goes and handles.

On a couple of good see thru 85-95 klm uphill bends I was hitting 150 klm hr
in third, leaning low ( trying to scrape the hero knobs ) and the
bike just stuck to the road. It really doesn't get much better !!
The feel of the bike between 7K up to red line is just awesome..

Got 450 klm per tank ( easily, with 2.5 litres to spare on fill up )
while my mates were filling up at 250 - 280 klm.

Guess I'm preaching to the converted... just cant understand why
there were about 10,000 bikes at the GP, and I only saw 5 ST's and
mine was the only 02 I saw ??
I expect those Duke and Jap bike riders just don't know what their missing.
Well, each to their own I suppose.

I have pics,  if anyone wants I will upload them.

If you get a chance - watch a replay of the MotoGP. You wont see
much better ( pardon ) balls to the wall,  racing..

Cheers - Stay upright - Harry..