[ST] RE: Will Centerstands Drag?

> From: al bailey acb@xxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:18:30 -0800
> >
> > If I put an ST Centerstand on my RS will it drag before something else
> > would have?  I have a paddock stand and once mounted, it seems stable,
> > but getting there is a trick.  The centerstand seem like a much better
> way.
>
> get an RS centerstand. included are peg feelers that are about
> a centimeter longer than stock. if you end up grinding those,
> you just need to learn to get your butt off the saddle when
> you push it into a turn ;)

Just for the record...

On an ST at least, and on the relatively smooth surface of a track, the pegs
are the first thing to touch. Nothing else (e.g. centrestand (on either
side) or exhaust) touches down for a degree or two after this.

I find the ST hero blobs too big, so have taken my favourite circuit-sized
grinder to them. At the moment, they're a couple of mm longer than those of
an RS, which I'll be fitting for next season. [Maybe I'm floggin' a dead
horse and should get some more suitable track hardware??].

BTW, photographic evidence suggests that the maximum lean angle of an ST is
45 deg (35 deg effective), and that I hang off to the tune of 9 deg, giving
a combined effective lean angle of 40 deg.

HTH

Regards,
- --
BRG