RE: [ST] Looking for info from RS owners

I own and operate a 2000 RS, now with 33,500 worry-free miles.

I got the Triumph "Sport Panniers" with my bike, and have done MANY long
weekends on it with those bags. Quite the opposite of an earlier post, I
find them to have HUGE reserves of space. They have circumferential zipper
which nearly doubles their capacity when "unzipped".

 As a test (in closed-cicuit conditions of course), I loaded mine with two
6-packs of Corona in the right, two 6-packs of Samuel Adams in the left
(Sammies coming from the bastion of the liberal left). Despite being tall
bottles, I swear I had room for at least 14 cans of Bud in each, but such
piss-colored water would never be seen near my "beloved".

Now bearing in mind that these loads were quite a bit heavier than the limit
(stated on the sticker inside the bags) of 3kg/6lbs each, I can say the load
was quite secure and stable at speeds 1.25 times the "suggested" limit of
80mph. (And YES, all the bottles were still FULL during thise test).

As a demonstration of the bike & bags' stability and smoothness, my friends
and I promptly popped open several samples of each type of cargo immediately
upon conclusion of the test. We found the results to be wet (on the INSIDE),
cold, tasty, and not one bit too foamy. :)

I have nothing nice to say about the BMW. I find the habit of dragging one's
cylinder heads on every corner to be annoying at best. ;)

Ken M.
'00 RS