Re: [ST] Accessories for sale

> I bought the ST used, and it is my first bike. It had a bit over 14k when I
> bought it in June, and since then I've put just shy of 3k on it. I was REAL
> nervous about buying the ST as my first bike--you know, visions of grabbing
> too much brake and launching myself over the bars in the middle of a
> turn--but that 955 is a pussycat if you keep the revs low, which I did the
> first month or so.

That must have taken some restraint!

I'm only now starting to discover the magic 7k rev line
> that changes Clark Kent into Superman. I'm very pleased with my purchase,
> obviously.

The sprint is my third bike (counting an old hack that was broken more
than it was running) and I was a little nervous, too. Almost bought a
speed trip, but the practicality of the hard bags (and visions of
flipping over one way or the other) steered me to the Sprint. The
comparison I've made is that when you get into that powerband, the ST is
like seeing the English PM at a soccer game - wearing a wife beater to
show off his bulldog tatoo and beating some belgian over the head with a
bottle! Instant change from staid citizen to houligan.

> The Falco just "does it" for me visually. But, it seemed geared toward the
> wrong riding philosophy for my first purchase. I may buy a Falco or Mille as
> a toy in another year or two, but the ST fits 90% of what I want a
> motorcycle to do. The ST still has lots of capability for me to grow into,
> so it should keep me happy for a while.

I like the Falco too. Also has the added attraction (for me) of being a
bit less well publicized than the Mille - I'd rather ride an oddball
than an elite item, I guess.

- -danch ('01 BRG)