RE: [ST] My mileage SUCKS, help! / Croix track day

>>After coasting in, I put 5.4 gallons into the tank, for a whopping
36.5 mpg.
> I had a fuel connector fitting that was weeping.

...Or get the fuel sender checked -- my '01 RS would return some pretty
poor mileage figures, particularly if it wasn't used very often. As
Brian says, the smell of gas (petrol) is a symptom -- as is a pool of
petrol on the garage floor on cold mornings. Had mine fixed at its 1yr
service and the garage smells much healthier now!

>>I've just about heard enough of y'all folks getting 45mpg 2up

...Surely you can only get this by riding like a pussy! It's nothing to
be proud of!

Lastly -- any of you going to MonsterJockey's track day at Croix
(France) on Friday? See you there, or at Dover, if you are.

Tim
'01 RS Lucifer Orange
Cambridge UK