[ST] re: Responses to my sucky mileage.

BrianD, thanks for the suggestion on the fuel fittings.  However, I'm painfully familiar with that particular problem (50 miles on a tank last Sept), I know that's not it.  Some of the other listers have replaced the plastic fittings with primo metal fittings, something worth looking into.

Ken, I realize that drag goes up as a square of speed, motorcycles, especially loaded ones, have high drag coefficients, AND weight plays a factor (since drag is only overcome by "acceleration").  That's why I included the info.  We do have oxygenated gasoline here, but 'tis not the season for it, so MTBE only plays a role during the winter months.  Nonetheless, I very, very rarely break into the low 40s on mileage, and most of my riding is commuting with only a tank bag.  Perhaps you're right and my mileage expectations are unrealistic.  I only shudder to think what would have happened had I gotten a Honda Superhawk instead.....

Grace and peace,
John S., aka "BikerDawg" nee Bikerdad
'00 Atomic Orange RS