Re: [ST] '02 SSSA recall?

When I picked up my 2000RS the lipseals on both front and rear were
unlubricated which led to rapid wear of the ally bushes that they run on &
also the speedo drive, the bushes were replaced under warranty.
Water had begun to enter the bearing area  - one British winter would
probably have finished them off.
Worth checking - seems to be sorted on the 2002 model which has come greased
up with some blue stuff.
Jez

>But to reiterate the symptoms just prior to it failing:
>
>At first it started squealing when banking deep into left turns.
>Sounded like brake squeal, and applying the rear brake in a turn
>(very gently!) would stop the squeal. Gradually the noise became more
>and more frequent (within about 25 miles) until it was squealing
>almost constantly. After that the first time I slowed down it locked
>up.
>
>So if you hear a squeal from the rear end, I would stop riding the
>bike as soon as practical.
>
>As sexy as SSSA's are, I'm thinking maybe Triumph needs to rethink
>their design.

End of st-digest V2002 #502