Re: [ST] valves and such

> >Next time I take the cam cover off, it will be replaced :-( Don't think
> >there is enough Al there for a helicoil or such. And might not be worth
> >the cost of replacing it to try to fix it.
>
> If I remember correctly the cover is identified as magnesium - could be
> pricey to replace

Did not notice, but that would not suprise me that it is magnesium.

Don't know about the cost, the engine cover for either the ZX9r or ZX6e
where both fairly reasonable. I guess I will have to look on JL's site,
or drop Steve a note to ask the price when it gets closer. I can't see
the cover taking the abuse of a couple of cycles with the blue
locktite??

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500