Re: [ST] chain guide needed - quick!

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Bil Swartz wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Erik Miner wrote:
>
>> Yea what Tom sez.. Call NOW.. the UK is 6 hours ahead so it is
>> 4:30 pm as we speak
>
> Thanks guys, called and ordered but questionable as to whether
> they could get out out overnight today, said they'd give it a
> go. If not, if it arrives Weds. I'm still in biz.
>
> Local dealer said they could order overnight too, but I've
> cancelled orders after waiting several weeks there and can't
> chance this!
>
> Thanks again,

Well, it is sad, I do not think it is your dealers fault, well
not completely. Two things at work here, 1) there is a minimum
order for TOA to ship parts to a dealer, that is fairly common
though. 2) TOA used to, and AFAIK still does have problems
anticipating parts demand. Considering the size of the market in
the US/Canada, it scares me about some of policies, or lack
there of. For example, if I was king, they would have a set of
luggage for every ST sitting in NA inventory. Even after a year
of happy riding, I am still very sore about waiting for 3 months
to get the luggage for my bike! To that point, if I do get
another ST, all three bags will be installed on the bike before
the dealer gets my money. And that will probably be the sway for
me to get a Yamaha if it happens that way.

But then again, the last time I need a part, a shim, the local
dealer Eurosport handed it order at the counter. So please don't
take my comments as a complete slam on TOA.

I guess it is like a spouse lying to you. You may forgive, but
you never forget.

Bill, let us know if FedEx comes through for ya,

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500