From: lau8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lau8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: September 09, 2002 12:32 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] New ST Owner!!!

I picked up my 2000 Sprint ST Saturday.  I've been looking at new ones for a
while, then found a used one for a decent price with all the accessories I
was
looking for.  It's blue and has the hard side bags, luggage rack, rear wheel
hugger, front wheel mudguard, carbon fiber tank pad and heel guard, touring
shield, throttlemeister, genmar risers, and a pretty cool looking custom
backrest for the passenger.  I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Now for my questions:  The bike almost has 12,000 miles on it.  I think I'm
going to wait until spring to get the 12,000 mile service.  What's a
ballpark
figure for how much the 12,000 mile service will cost at a dealer?

Also, I want to get the heated grips, but I've heard of people having a lot
of
problems with them not working.  Am I better off getting generic heated
grips,
or sticking with the Triumph parts?

Lastly, anybody want to buy a 1997 Triumph Thunderbird?  You can see it at
http://home.earthlink.net/~lau8

*