Re: [ST] New ST Owner!!!

On Monday, September 9, 2002, 12:31:32 PM, lau8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Now for my questions:  The bike almost has 12,000 miles on it.  I think I'm
> going to wait until spring to get the 12,000 mile service.  What's a ballpark
> figure for how much the 12,000 mile service will cost at a dealer?

My 12k at the dealer in Mt. View, CA, was about $600; the 24k
(essentially the same service) at the dealer in Sacramento, CA, was
$390.  So, the price will vary by how much a shop charges per hour and
how long it takes to do the job.  The Sacramento dealer's per-hour
rate is quite a bit lower than those of the Mt. View shop.

> Also, I want to get the heated grips, but I've heard of people having a lot of
> problems with them not working.  Am I better off getting generic heated grips,
> or sticking with the Triumph parts?

I have the Triumph heated grips and in almost three years have never
had a problem with them.  They are well worth the cost, IMHO.  As one
other poster noted, on high they get quite warm, almost too warm
unless you are wearing heavy winter gloves; the low position is
perfect for most California winter temps.

- -Keith
'00 RS