RE: [ST] chain guide needed - quick!

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Dan Wolf wrote:

> I bought and installed the panniers on my 2000 ST in June.  There were
> instructions and parts to relocate the seat lock.  The lock relocation is part
> of the standard pannier install.  I haven't checked mine for the mentioned tire
> contact - I'll check that out today.

A friend with a 2001 stopped by last night so I could compare his to
mine.  In looking at the seat lock, his angled out more, coming into
almost contact with the plastic bag rail at the bottom right corner of the
face plate of the key lock assy.  Mine was inside the rail by a good
quarter inch, mebbe a tad more.

So a few well place hammer whacks later, mine was more like his.  Still
looks to me like there could be some contact, especially since rubber was
found on the backing plate.  But here's hoping that problem is solved.

BTW, my eccentric was fine.  When I rotated it around to the upside down
position, the tire was up into the hugger so that wasn't the problem
unfortunately.

I still wonder how this can happen, given I stiffened up the preload a ton
back in June and increased rebound damping.  I was thinking this would
decrease travel if anything...assuming the shock isn't blown.  Any tests
for that, other than looking for bottoming out?

Side note: did oil chg last night w/o removing any panels, piece of cake.

Hoping the rubbing strip arrives this morning as planned.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail