Re: [ST] chain guide needed - quick!

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Burt Barrett wrote:

> Bill
> I have the same problem on my 99 Sprint ST.  We are going to make a longer
> bracket for the seat lock, locating it a little more towards the rear of the
> bike.  The actual latch wont be affected, because its connected to the lock
> with a cable.  Looks like an easy job with a thin piece of metal.

Really Burt?  You're the first to say you have the same problem, if you
mean that the back plate of the seat lock is getting into the edge of your
rear tire.

Take a look at the angle of the plate the lock is mounted to, and see if
there is room to bend it toward the outside further like I did after
comparing to a friends 2001.  To achieve the bending I used a length of
conduit inserted from the opposite side of the bike and whacked it a few
times with a mallet, while a friend held the end of the rod in place
against the bracket to prevent slippage.

I think one winter project will be the relocation of the lock to the rear
fender as in the mods section of our site.

I sure would like to hear more about your problem (and anyone else with
same) and what was done to correct it.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail