Re: [ST] Wiring Aux lights

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Bailey, Doug wrote:

> I'd like to know if anyone has added auxiliary lights and has wired them
> into the bikes headlight switch so that you can control the aux lights with
> the highbeam.  Love the Motolights, but I'd rather not have to take my hand
> off the grip to shut them off when approaching traffic.

Seems to me that it would be easy to tap into the output of the highbeam
relay to switch your Motolights on and off with the same switch
too.  Those that I know that have the Motolights do run them most of the
time though, not just on high.  If you're unlucky enough to be in front of
someone with them they can leave spots on your eyeballs when you check
your mirror!

I'm thinking about doing an aux lighting project over the winter and will
be looking more into this setup but I'm betting someone else can tell us
exactly how quicker.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail