From: Harry Asher [mailto:harryasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:30 PM
To: ST@TriumphNet. com
Subject: [ST] NEW OWNER - SYDNEY- AUSTRALIA

G'DAY
Harry A  -   Sydney Australia  - 2002 ST  - T/RED.
New owner,  1 week now  and just love it. Had a BMW K100 RS 12/85
for over 8 years ( fully kitted for touring ) but now have I seen the light.
Anyway, few quirky things, on the ST and I am asking ??
The fuel gage goes from full to just above the red zone inside 230 klm, and
I have not been pushing real hard  - yet. I stop to fill and it takes about
10 litre / 2 gal.
and goes back to full, 220 kgs or so, same thing again ??  This can't be
right.
Will this fix itself after a few more klm,  just 2500 on it now -  or have I
got a
shot sender unit.  ??
Front brake lever has about 1.50 cm travel before it starts to bite, I bled
both
sides, no bubbles, and when finished it felt the same ? I have it adjusted
on
1'.  As it travel further on the higher #'s. ???
Gearbox is a bit notchy, but expect that will where in ?? Any other tips.
Stay upright - Cheers.

PS: Is there a Triumph bike club in SYD, do they have track days ??

*