Re: [ST] Latest Tune Question/Lane Splitting

"My bike is going in for a service in a couple of weeks and the dealer
says they will put the latest one on if I want"

As with all mods to anything (audio, cars, wenches :-), etc.) you should
be addressing a specific need.  If not don't do it.  I have a 2002 RS
that was running rough below 2500 rpm, and had abrupt response to the
throttle at any rpm.  I asked the dealer if that was normal and they
decided to update the tune.  In goes #14 and it wouldn't start (#14 is
only for the 600s they later found).  So, they had to send their
programmer (Gameboy?) to TOA to be reprogramed and they put in #13.  It
runs much better; I can roll into the throttle at an apex smoothly now
and 2000 rpm is now usable.  It will also pull away from a stop at 1500
without stalling.

So, it seems the dealer CAN put in ant tune he has on hand in any order,
but they have to *have* that tune.

John