[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #520

In a message dated 9/14/02 9:57:07 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Question - is it worth getting the fuel gage replaced -  do any of them
work
?? seems not from recent postings. >>

Yes, the replacement one Triumph puts out now works fine-I think it has a
green identifaction dot on it-I had one put on my '99 ST after waiting  about
a year with the duff one, using the odometer. When info from the e-mail list
indicated they had it sorted, I got the replacement one installed under
warranty, by Roclket Motorcycles in San Diego. No problems since, allowing
for shape of gas tank, which makes for slow fall of needle to begin with,
then more rapid- when needle gets into red, low fuel liight comes on, and I
have about 40 miles to find a gas station. No fuel leak problems. Perfect.
Dave Collins San Diego