[ST] Re: Aerostich

I had an early Motoport suit (was stolen), which I liked because the
material wasn't coated and thus breathed in LA's hot weather. They
discontinued that model (I piece) and so I switched to Aerostich.

I've been down twice in a Stich...no bruises, no scratches, but neither
accident was at any kind of speed.

My SO also wears one...and has asphalt-tested hers several times, to good
effect.

She stays dry in hers, as do several of our friends. For some reason, mine
always leak a bit; I have a light cycling anorak I put on top of it which
solves the problem.

I'd buy another one in a minute; the only other suit I'd consider would be
a Motoport. Overall, the build quality of the Stich is far higher, I like
the features and design better (YMMV), but I was happy with my 'Port as
well, and I've bugged Aerostich about making a 'summer suit' like it for a
while.

For commuting, a suit like this can't be beat...just slips on over the work
clothes (I've even worn a blazer under mine). Leather suits are more
protective (I have a set of Z leathers for track use and sportriding), but
not nearly as versatile. Hope that helps, feel free to ping me offlist if
you'd like more info.

>From: "Joel Ashman" <ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ST] Riding Suit
>
>I'm looking at the Aerostitch 1-piece suit for riding in the winter.  I'm
>also interested in their heated liner and heated grips.  A friend has one,

>and he recommends it.
>
>Does anyone have any opinions either way as to the Aerostitch, or any
>other
>alternatives (Leather vs. Nylon, etc).  Also, I'm interested in the
>weatherproofing for riding suits, as what ever I buy will end up serving
>as
>rain gear for most of the time.  I do have a Truimph one piece rain suit,
>for the heaviest of rain.

Marc Danziger