[ST] Aerostitch Suit

I've had an aerostitch two-piece suit, red w/blue patches jacket, and
black pants for about 12 or 13 years.  I updated the foam pads when they
came out with the plastic backing, and also ride with the back protector
& the hip pads.  Typically, I ride about 2500miles/year, although since
getting my RS 2 years ago, that's gone up to about 4000/year (Hmmm...).
While I've not owned any other suit, I really like the 'stitch.  Except
for some velcro pocket fastening strips coming off (which I could
replace if I wanted to), the suit is still great.  Take out the padding
& throw it in the washer, & most of the road grunge and dead yellow
jackets wash away.   Only on the shoulders and top of the forearms has
the red faded a bit.  I  find that with vents open, the suit is
comfortable up to low 90's, as long as you're moving.  At stop lights,
it heats up quickly, but cools off once you're moving again.  I ride in
light rain a lot (I live in Oregon, any questions!?) and it's fine.  In
heavier rain, though, it leaks a bit around the seams after awhile (30
minutes?) I like the versatility of the two piece suit.  I only wish I
had ordered the inseam an inch or two longer than what they recommend in
the catalog.  I also bought the 'stitch electric vest last Spring, but
haven't really worn it that much.  All I  can say is, Yes, it does get
warm.
Matt, '00RS

End of st-digest V2002 #526