[ST] Valve Train Trouble

Hey, I've got a new one for you all!

When putting the valve cover on after my last valve adjust, I stripped the
threads in the cam cap that the valve cover bolt threads into.  As they
stripped before 15NM of torque and are supposed to go to 25NM (it was one of
the long bolts over the cam chain) I can only assume that there is a
material defect that finally surfaced or a ham fisted previous mechanic did
them in.  I'm long out of warranty and my PD (Previous Dealer) won't even
talk about Triumphs anymore.

I have found out from my new long distance dealer that the cam caps are
proprietary to the head and are irreplaceable.  I don't want to lay out
$1200 for a new head.  I used blue loctite on the screw and have not had any
adverse effects in the last 6000 miles, but there was little tension on the
bolt and it isn't going to go through another removal/replacement.

I really hesitate put a heli coil in this area as a failure means little
metal bits in places I don't want them.  Anyone done something like this
before?  Any other suggestions?  I figure to have to do something about this
by early spring.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan Wallander
'99ST