RE: [ST] Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:55:05 -0400

Mine does the same I don't like it like that but I guess we have to put
up with it.  Might ask the dealer to re adjust the co levels see if it
make a difference.

Best Regards
Joe
Melbourne / Australia

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
danch
Sent: Friday, 20 September 2002 8:03 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:55:05 -0400

> I've got a Q for all you veteran ST owners --- is it normal for the ST
> somewhat idle rough when you're coasting through a turn?  Another
example is
> when you're coming to a red stop light and you've down shifted to
first
> gear --- the light turns green and you slowly release the clutch and
the
> engine putt's/runs a little rough.....

Hmmm... Don't Do That? Seriously, don't coast through turns - the bike
really wants a bit of weight transfer to the back to stabalize it.

Do you give a bit of throttle as you let the clutch out? Try that. The
Sprint (like most motorcycles these days) is set up awfully lean at
idle, so it doesn't always run smooth there. Neither does my car, for
that matter. So I guess, short answer is "They all do that, sir." Unless

it's really bad, like you're afraid it's going to explode.

- -danch (BRG no more)

*   *