Re: [ST] Fuel light/senders

At 05:58 PM 9/20/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>00 RS Eclipse Blue - (retired injured) - 1 sender replaced
>00 RS Yellow - (sent off) - 3 senders replaced
>02 RS Black - (yellow card) - 1 sender about to be replaced when I can be
>bothered to waste 2 hours of my life hanging round the dealers waiting for
>it to be fixed.

Advice, please

I received a letter from Triumph this week that said, paraphrasing,  "Our
records indicate your Sprint ST has not had the recalled fuel sender
replaced. This could cause a fire blah blah please do it immediately.

They are right I have not replaced it because it hasn't leaked and the
replacements that are available 1) don't fix the other problem - inaccuracy
of fuel gage, and 2) the replacements were faulty, too, in the beginning
anyway.  As you can see from Jez's post above replacements have been less
than a sure fix. And mine isn't broken.

The accuracy of the fuel gauge is nbd to me, I'm accustomed to how it
reads. Actually IT IS RELIABLE in that once you learn what the needle means
in a particular spot that doesn't vary from tank to tank.

Should I have it swapped?

Thanks,
Apex Dawg
Red ' 00 ST 19785 miles