Re: [ST] Re: ST improvements

I did miss a couple of small items but I didn't want to slam a good machine
too much. The mirror condoms could certainly go away, but the Hard Bags
really do need attention the mounts after a few thousand miles do get
loose.. really loose.. At the Eastern Rallye I spent much time following
other folks and some of the bags looked like they were gonna come off they
bounced around so much. A simple anchor like Aprilia uses on their setup
would eliminate the problem. Hell mine got so loose I got my dealer to
replace the mounts under warranty! I guess my main complaint is that it
seems to me that Triumph comes out with a good design and then just lets it
sit. And I can't figure out why?? Is it the marketing weenies? Is it
arrogance?   I'm sorry but there is always room to improve and refine a
design and that's what keeps people in the fold,  it's how a company builds
a loyal customer base. And say what you will about the styling of the new
VFR it sure does ride nice .. and I love ABS brakes!

Erik

At 02:27 PM 9/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/19/02 11:57:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
>owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> >  No suspension upgrades .. looks like ZERO mechanical
> >  upgrades..  C'mon Triumph we are now into the 5th year of production
> >  with
> >  out any real upgrades..
>Had to chime in here.  As a former owner waiting to see what improvements
>Triumph might make to lure me back,  I couldn't agree more.  There are many
>bikes now available that were not when the ST came out in 99,  Futura, FZ1,
>FJR1300  etc.
>We took a poll once on recommended improvements and the list is longer than
>you think.
>Besides the obvious suspension ( I feel this is more a problem with the hefty
>riders)  Simple refinements:  Better mirrors(loose the condoms) Dual trip
>meters (it is a sport tourer)  Better integrated hard bag setup
>(Futura,r1100s) While your at it move the seat lock forward (so you can get
>the seat off without removing the bag first) Helmet lock.  The list goes on.
>All said it is still a great bike for the money,  Way better than the new and
>screwed up VFR (say something Scott).
>
>David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
>00 V11S "Kermit"
>99ST "Stealthy one" (RIP)