RE:[ST] Metzeler Sportecs

Howdy,

	I ran a set on both of my VFR 800's. My rear was toast after
about 3000 miles of moderate riding. I don't rip from every stop light
or intersection and I don't brake real hard all the time. On my wife's
VFR, they lasted about 3500 miles and she definitely does not ride
hard. At that rate I'd be buying a set of tires every eight weeks.
	They felt fantastic on the bike. I loved the grip and they gave
a real good feel for the road. If I was one of those guys that puts a
few thousand miles a year on my bike, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. And
let's face it, the VFR is not the king of the HP or Torque numbers so
it is not the hardest bike on tires ;-)
	The front tires last a little longer but they seem to be prone
to cupping. I am now running the Pirelli Dragon GTS front tire and it
is great. I get them for just over $100 delivered. They seem the most
resistant to cupping. The BT010's are about the same as the Sportecs,
in cost, life and performance. Have fun in your search for that perfect
combination of tires ;-)

Adios,

- --
Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi His in Red
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi Hers in Blue - RED BODYWORK FOR SALE!!

http://BackroadMotorcycleTours.com/
http://sfriday.com/
http://pages.tca.net/sfriday/ (mirror site)