RE: [ST] Metzeler Sportecs

I have been running Sportecs all year. I got 4800 miles out of my 1st rear,
though it was down past the wear bars when I changed it. The front was still
good. I changed both (my 3rd rear, 2nd front) at 10,000.

When I ran BT-020's, the front and rear would wear out at exactly the same
rate, about 8,000 miles a pair. The BT-020's started to cup the front only
when approaching the wear bars, the Sportecs never showed any sign of it on
my bike.

That said, my bike will unlikely ever have anything but Sportecs on it. I am
not saying it's easy for me to come up with money for tires that often (I
ride 12K-14K miles per year), but the rewards of a tire that inspires the
level of confidence found in the Metzeler Sportecs is WELL worth it, TO ME.
These things stick like glue, come up to temp quickly, ride smooth, have
neutral steering, and also behave exceptionally well in wet. Works for me.
YMMV

Ken M.
'00 RS