Re: [ST] Reason No. 417 For Wearing A Helmet...

- -----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST Digest <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 September 2002 22:12
Subject: [ST] Reason No. 417 For Wearing A Helmet...

... or "Ouch! That's Gotta Hurt!"

I actually saw this happen. I was entering Rt.8N in Waterbury,
Connecticut on Saturday morning when I noticed two doo-rag wearing
(helmetless), American-made-bike (H-D) riding guys just ahead of me.
This is quite common in CT, being a state without a helmet law. I see a
pigeon on a death mission approach and smack one of these guys in the
head. The guy looks at his friend while laughing and rubbing his head.
I took a pigeon full face at 70mph ish acouple of weeks ago - apart from a
split lip & a headache no problem - the Shoei is definitely a looser fit
front to back now though.
Trying to learn from mistakes I wonder if itwould have been better to face
the tank & hit it with the top of the helmet - don't know which bit of your
head's the thickest.

Strangely enough the idiot bird must have bounced off my head and landed on
the (aptly named) kill switch - so it took a while in my slightly dazed
state to work out how a smack in the face could have stopped the bike from
restarting.
Jez