RE: [ST] I vote to keep the SSSA

>> Agreed that the RS can be a PIA to replace the rear wheel -
>> though strapping a tie down around the top of the wheel and
>> around the seat to hold the wheel at the right height makes
>> things a whole lot easier when it comes to lining up the brake
>> calliper and right hand seal bush.
>
> Jez - Just sit behind the bike and prop the wheel up with your
> feet. I'm sure replacing the wheel on the ST is easier but I've
> not found it at all difficult on the RS.

Way agree, after the first time or two I could remove or replace
the rear rim on the 9r in about the same time it take to
loosen/move the luggage rack or replace. Just sit on milk crate,
put on some old shoes and hold the tire in place with your feet.
About the only part that was interesting was the fact you could
not sit directly behind the bike because of the handle from the
SA stand got in the way.

That is one thing about the ST, maintance does take a bit
longer, but then again, it is a nicer looking bike, and plastic
and such takes time to work around. On the 9r I could sync the
carbs in about 30-45 minutes. Takes at least an extra 30 minutes
when add in the rear cowlings, and the extra fuel lines and
cables going to the gas tank.

BUT - which bike do I currently own, 9r sold, ST lives!

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 1 day, 13 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500