[ST] ST's don't like to be left sitting

I know. I haven't ridden mine in 6 weeks, and it threw me off today when
I got back on.  :((((

Typing this left-handed as i broke my radia on my right wrist.  That
was the worst of it.  Nothing else but bruise on my right hip.

So, to the story:  quick run to the Post office and library.  At stop
sign at end of my street (yes, i wrecked 100 yards from home) I start to
turn left and accelerate.  Rear wheel slid out to the right.  W/o
thinking, I let off the gas and the wheel caught and high-sided me over.

I didnt have time to do anything, other than think "uhuoh, I'm going
to wreck."  I hit and rolled. hopped up and felt fine.  Cut off
engine, dusted myself off, tried to lift bike and realized my arm was
starting to hurt.

Guy stops and helps me lift it and rolls it off street for me.  Called
wife and she took me to ER.  3 hours later, I've got a splint, cast on
Wed. (in time for my 10 year HS reunion on Sat--good icebreaker, i
guess.)

Conclusion:  I was dumb and took off too fast for the tires, I guess.
Maybe 10-15mph.  No faster than normal and wasn't trying to wheelie
or be squidly.  Maybe the tires got a little dry or shiny sitting that
long?  I hope, else i have no excuse.

Good news, i was in full gear, even though thought of just t-shirt +
jeans, which i havent done in years, crossed my mind beforehand.  Dr
says it was a "good" break and cast may only be 3 weeks.  must have hit
flat on my palm w/ arm perp. to the ground, he said.

Helmet clunked ground hard.  J.R. phoenix worked great, abrasions on
both shoulders.  Gloves: right one torn.  Draggin jeans: cant tell
they were down &no rash.

Bike: f. brake lever gone, windshield fairing chipped, moku frame slider
bent, right body panel gouged good.  that's all i had time to see.

lesson:  be careful on cold tires and WEAR YOUR GEAR.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black with white scratches)