Re: [ST] ST cooling hose contacting engine

> The best solution is to wrap the hose as is with some cut up
inner tube or
> other rubber material and secure with a zip tie. Mine's been
that way since
> January '99 and it still looks fine without trying to re-route
the hoses.
> Who knows, re-routing may lead to another gremlin :-)

 Poor choice of words on my part.  I should have said
"re-position".  Sometimes you can loosen the clamps and rotate
the hose to provide additional clearance.  Securing a piece of
split hose over the contact point works well, too.  In really
critical situations you can make 'hose armor' by cutting up a
plastic bottle.

Cheers,
Rick