[ST] Re: Fiamm horns

- -I don't think
- -the extra current draw of a Fiamm horn would be as
- -much as an issue as other components, as horns are
- -used rarely, and for short bursts.

This is a man that doesnt ride in the greater seattle
area!!!!!!  :) Today was "tailgate your nearest
motorcycle while weilding a cellphone" day.

I installed two of these RED fiaams HI-note instead of
one HI and one LOW. The result is an obnoxious and
considerably louder than stock blast. I mounted
neither in the stock location. One is behind the right
side fairing in the superior anterior position. the
other is located just posterior to the left headlamp
and the relay (a must IMHO) is just behind the left
fairing mounted with a metal strap off the fairings
own mounting screw. I took the + directly from the
batt. w/fuse and used waterproof terminals. Hapilly it
still works flawlessly and Im ever so glad I used both
horns.
In this region horns MUST be able to penetrate in car
distraction systems and, all to often, idiocy.

I think its the best thing on this side of pneumatic
horns. It didnt take long after I decided on mounting
locations, I have pics available of the mounting if it
will be helpful to anyone doing this mod.

Tony Burke
00 ST (seen AND heard)

End of st-digest V2002 #906