Re: [ST] Speedometer is sealed?

Steve Hays wrote:

>I have seen other bikes (Japanese supersports) with
>aftermarket guage faces, meaning that there is some
>way to get there to install those.  All I need to do
>is somehow unscrew(?) the speedometer glass and move
>the needle to the other side of the stop.  Does anyone
>know how to accomplish this?

I bought my ST in Germany and had to swap the km/h speedo to an mph speedo
when I imported it to the UK.  I had a good look at the km/h unit and it is
a sealed unit - to get inside it, you would need to un-crimp the metal ring
that holds the glass face onto the unit.  I expect it would be possible if
you're very careful.  I can't work out how the needle got to the wrong side
of the stop on your speedo anyway - it must have been wildly overspeeded
somehow, so the mechanism may not be accurate now anyway.

Neil