RE: [ST] gear box

Rene,

Triumph transmissions take a l.o.n.g time to break in.

If you haven't already, changing to full synthetic oil makes a difference.

Your dealer is right, you need to be shifting at a higher RPM.  I generally
try to run a gear up to at least 5K before shifting if not a bunch higher.
It's a lot more fun too.

The other things you can do to help eliminate those 'false neutrals' is  to
preload the shifter (put some pressure on the shifter with your foot before
pulling in the clutch) and be much more positive with your left foot in
shifting as the linkage needs some movement to take up the slack.

HTH

Dan.
Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

I've got a '01 Brg ST that has 7k miles on it and it seems like there's
something wrong with the gear box