[ST] Is it fate?

Damn....

My 1999 ST is leaking gas.  I was one of the few which have been lucky
(until now) with the original fuel sender.  After a very long winter (since
mid November), I found that I had lost 3/4 of a tank of gas.  I had filled
it to the brim with gas/Stabil before putting it up for the
winter.  Apparently it is slow enough of a leak that the gas evaporates
before making it to the floor.  I did notice a slight gas smell in the
garage during January, but since there were no puddles under the bike, I
assumed it was from an aging gas can (with a hairline crack in the cap)
that I use for my lawn mower.

Does this sound like the infamous fuel sender?  Perhaps just an old hose leak?

- -John Hickman
Lexington, KY