Re: [ST] Planning Motorcycle Tour - What do I bring?

> I'm hoping to put together a little week-long trek from San Jose, CA to
Fall City, WA (and back again) sometime in May/June.
> What are some of the more essential pieces of equipment to bring?

Pete:
The ride along the northern California/Oregon coast is beautiful but it can
get cold and wet.  I recommend: anti-fog lotion for your face shield, a bug
rag, good polypropylene long johns, and freshly scrubbed rubber.  Oh yea, a
CD player with your favorite music for that long southbound trek down
Interstate 5 would be good too.  Got radar?

Check this road out as a great way to get to or from the coast/ Hwy 101:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/SkaggsSpringRd.htm

After 350 miles, I like to stop for the night.  That would put you in
Eureka, CA.  I like the historic district  and the famous Eureka Inn
http://www.eurekainn.com/.  About $75/ night with AAA discount. They always
have a fire going in the lobby. You can park the bike in back near the
heated pool and walk around Old town. Friends and I have used this place as
a base for day rides north and south.

Have fun and don't forget your camera!

George Cope
Roseville, CA